Monday, September 13, 2010

USANA Day #1/5

Only a few closer friends know about my blog, so I will update you with what's new in my life. I have gained oh-so-much lbs. since my glory days at Biola, and I've gotten to a point where I'm not okay with it anymore. That's not to imply I've never been at this place before - trust me, I have. This time, I've decided to try something a little bit more intense; something that will hopefully keep me accountable to a healthier lifestyle. It's called USANA. I guess the whole APU football team has been hooked on this as well, but we'll see how it works for me. Basically I've signed up for a 5 day "RESET" program, where I have a shake meal replacement for breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with a snack inbetween the major meals and vitamins in the AM and PM. During these 5 days, I'm supposed to kick my sugar addiction along with my obsessionate need for carbs. If you know me (a diabetic) you know I'm a sugar-holic. Don't ask how those two go together... Clearly they shouldn't.

Every morning I'm supposed to take my waist measurment, weight, and walk 3000 steps per day. Today is day #1 and I didn't have a scale, pedometer or a tape measure... So I just ran up to Walmart and got all of my supplies (for about $20). Since I didn't have everything this morning, I had to weigh and measure at 2pm (therefore my numbers tomorrow should be a lot smaller). Or at least I hope so...

DAY 1
Weight: 145.3
Waist: 39"
Walk/Steps: TBD

Every night at 5pm I will get on a phone conference call and check in to report my numbers and hopefully get some encouragment for everyone else who is joining me in this journey.

Wish me luck, but I sure will need it to get through these next 4 1/2 days.

-KP

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Kim! The program sounds really interesting - keep us updated on how it's going. I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete